How to Choose the Right Stethoscope: What to Know Before I Buy?
Hello there, Nurse Jenny here!
Welcome back to my blog!
If you are new here, welcome and I hope to part entertainment and knowledge with you. Join Nurse Jenny Facebook Group and join us as we vent, make fun of, and talk about all things nursing.
You’re wondering which is the best stethoscope among the good ones. You’re wondering how much does a good stethoscope cost. Well, there are definitely a lot of things to ask when choosing your nursing buddy that will accompany you for years to come. So whether you're starting Nursing school, got that new grad position, or just want a new stethoscope, I am here to tell you what to consider when you're buying a new stethoscope.
Buying a new stethoscope is all very exciting, believe me, I get all warm inside just thinking about it. There are now a lot of pretty stethoscopes in the market and getting a stethoscope that speaks to you, design-wise, is all very well however, looks are not all that matters when it comes to buying a new stethoscope.
What to Know Before Buying a Stethoscope:
- Buy from trusted brands and reputable sellers to avoid counterfeit or poorly manufactured products.
- Always research the reviews and look out for acoustic quality and ear tip comfort.
- Save time and money, invest in quality. Because buying cheap will cost you money and time in the long run.
- Always check the weight and length. These are generally overlooked when considering to buy a stethoscope. Too heavy and your neck will hurt, too short and you'll strain your back when performing assessments.
- Analyze what type of work you will be doing. There are different stethoscopes targeting specific specializations.
Invest in something that is versatile and that can change with you as you change your job. I will always lend an ear to anyone who has questions about stethoscopes, let me know if you have any!
Check out my other Nurse Jenny How-to's!
We have a lot of review videos at the Nurse Jenny Blog
Good luck in finding the best stethoscope!
What's does the best stethoscope look like for you? Share with us in the comment section below. I love hearing from you guys!
May you have a good shift and remember as always, listen with your heart.